Monday 15 April 2013

McFlurry

Because I don't bring my digital camera everywhere I go, I have to improvise with Instagram, the infamous iPhone hobby which takes up more of my time than I should probably allow.

McFlurry® flavours vary all around the world and this is one informative revelation you get when moving to another country. In Singapore, you have the basic Oreo McFlurry ($2) and the occasional promotional flavour, such as crème brulée or chocolate macaron.

McDonald's in the UK provides a variety of Dairy Milk Chocolate, Cadbury® Crunchie, or Smarties crushed into the usual vanilla soft-serve ice cream, and there are also promotional flavours, and the current one is the Cadbury Creme Egg, which makes up a lot of every year's Easter craze.


This flavour is only available up till the 30th of April. Although I don't fancy the actual Creme Egg chocolates that much, I give a yes to this one – the fondant-y, sweet Creme Egg flavour is brought out nicely and complimented by the ice cream, which helps to dilute it, in a sense, helping it to spread its richness around. (I can not find the prices of any of McDonald's foods online – or sometimes even in its branches, for that matter. It annoys me. The Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry costs somewhere between £1 and £1.50. Yes, I will keep records next time.)


The only annoying thing was that the McFlurry ice cream from the McDonald's near the Jubilee Line entrance at London Waterloo station was melting like there was no tomorrow! It was a cold day (this is London, mind you) and even an average McFlurry ice cream in Singapore (tropical over-sunny island) would take quite a while to melt.


However, the McDonald's in Hammersmith Broadway Shopping Centre was fine, where I bought one with Cadbury Crunchie bits in it. (Cheaper than the promotional McFlurry. 99p, maybe?) Cadbury Crunchie is a chocolate bar with a honeycomb and toffee centre. Although the flavours were really nice, I do wish they were more Crunchie bits in it. I saw stickers on the topping dispensers which stated the amount of times the staff member was supposed to slide the lever, and it was only '1' for all of them – whyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...