Friday 22 February 2013

Graze #1

So I was buying some cosmetics one night at a nearby Superdrug, and I got a voucher for a "Free Graze Box". The voucher told me that all I had to do was log on to the website, and enter a code, and I'll receive a box of snacks, completely free. Thereafter, they'll send a weekly box (upon payment), unless I cancel it first.

So I got this in the mail today – the dimensions of the box is about that of an iPad, and as thick as an average book, so it fits through the letter slot.

Neat.

After getting an account on the website, you can customize your preferences within over 100 choices, with the options 'love', 'like', 'try' and 'bin', the latter option ensuring that you will never be sent that item. (I 'binned' all the snacks with raisins, dates and sultanas in them because guess why.) There is an additional 'send soon' option which will put the snack's priority first, ensuring that it arrives in the next possible box.


The box has a stunning interior. Four sealed punnets of snacks smile at you with its visible treats and cute illustration and designs, while the insides are printed with nature-related photos. The booklet on the left says 'hello' (yes and so does the one on the right) and includes nutritional details for each one of the four snacks, with  notes indicating several health benefits. There are also expiry dates for each food item. (About 2-3 weeks depending on the item)


I simply love the personalization and warmth of this whole thing – each printed booklet addresses you by name! The brown booklet is a guide to the whole system of Graze, and includes tips on how to rate food items for your preferences, and what to do if you go on holiday and nobody is at home to have the box.


Look, there's even a napkin!

The packaging and service of Graze is top-class and all, but you're probably wondering – are these snacks good, though?


These three rustic honeycomb flapjack cuboids were such a delight. I love how the taste of honey really came through, instead of being simply sweet and sugary.


I forgot to rate this by accident, so it came in the box. I haven't touched it yet, but I'll probably give it to Fuyumi or disperse it into my cereal.


These nuts had a nice touch of saltiness, and were really tasty! It wasn't a stingy amount either – a great snack.


This one was impressive. Very often, I encounter bland crackers and tasteless Doritos, so I was a little bit skeptical about this combination. However, this tub was absolutely enjoyable – the crackers were light and tasty, the cashews crunchy and delicious, the corn sticks delightful and Mexican-inspired.


To be honest, the above picture makes the punnet look smaller than it really is. One punnet is slightly bigger than the width and dimensions of a deck of cards. With four in a box, it really is a good amount of snacks.

Although the fifth box is free of charge, each box costs £3.89. Considering the amount of effort put into the boxes, as well as the variety and quality of the snacks, I am contented with the price. Graze bills you before sending a box. You can request for a box to be sent everyday, fortnightly, or weekly. If you'd prefer less frequent deliveries, you can manually push back each delivery by a day, two days, or a week, depending on your initial option. I'm planning to have a box every 2-3 weeks, on Mondays, so that I can enjoy the healthy snacks throughout my school week. (I ate all three tubs today...) (But they're healthy so there.)

Did I mention that delivery is free? And accurate, too. But that sometimes depends on Royal Mail's dependency.

All in all, I would definitely recommend the Graze box to everyone. My box came with a voucher code, which I can give to friends, so that they can enjoy a free first and fifth box as well: NYY4VRGD

I'm really looking forward to my next Graze box!


(Click here for box #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...